Tell me and your fellow members a little about yourself. Share your hobbies and interests, your family status or location, your job/career highlights, whatever will help us get to know you!

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the suspense and thriller genres and read alot of them. I'm a SAHM, with two special needs teenagers. I write fiction, but am not published there yet, and have published articles in RWR, the magazine for Romance Writers of America, and various ezines. I've finaled in several RWA contests, including the Daphne du Maurier Award of excellence, and also with an article submitted to the Writers Digest annual contest.

I spin wool, alpaca, angora, and llama as a hobby. I also scrapbook - whenever there's enought time for these hobbies. We used to travel alot, but since my dh joined the Air Force, he's the one doing all the travelling now! :)
Hey Laurie! Would love to get some insight from you on your magazine articles for RWR. I'm a new member of the RWA and am just feeling my way around there. Would love to hear anything you'd like to share on the process of submitting articles and/or stories for their contests.

Also, how *cool* is it that you spin wool! That's excellent ;)

TIA,
Kim
I am married and have one child. My daughter Patricia is married and stationed in Japan with her husband who is in the Air Force. I love to read, it is the best way for me to relieve stress. I love the NY Yankees and watch every game I can on MLB extra innings and the YES channel. I have a dog I named after Derek Jeter. His name is Jeter, he is a border collie. He is the smartest dog I have ever owned. They are a special breed. He is my special boy. I work at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, I am a ticket service representative. I thought it would be great to see if I could find a job at Yankee Stadium, but if it is anything like the Speedway I wouldn't want to ruin my love for the sport of baseball. Plus, we work the events and don't get to enjoy them anymore. I could never give up watching and cheering on my Yankees....good or bad. I live in Las Vegas, obviously. I have lived here now as long as I once lived in Dunkirk, NY. Does that mean I have to call this place home like I refer to Dunkirk?
I am a single, working mom. I have two girls 21 and 13. I live in West Virginia. I love suspense/mystery mainly. This obsession started with my first Nancy Drew at age 8 and has continued ever since! I recently started working in a bookstore which is good and bad at the same time. I get exposed to more great books and have started to branch out in my reading interests, but, I spend my paycheck on books!! Nothing like work to support a hobby. I am fairly new to your books Wendy. A friend at work introduced me when I was looking for a "new" author to read. For years I had stuck with the same ones and she suggested you since that is the type of book I love. I'm glad she did! Now, I have to catch up and read them all.
As for other hobbies, I do a little scrapbooking, the significant other and I love to go to concerts. He DJ's on the weekends so music is a big interest for both of us. I also love to travel and recently went on my first cruise with another planned next year.
I am married with 3 beautiful children ages 19, 17 and 15. I work as a PCA taking care of patients who aren't sick enough to be in a hospital but, aren't able to take care of themselves. It is a very rewarding job. I love to read suspense thrillers, my favorite author IS Wendy Corsi Staub.
When we aren't attending school sports, ( My son is a pitcher for his high school baseball team.) I love to read, and hike. ( not together of course). Reading is a great way to unwind and relax.
I am twenty-five and live in Wallingford, CT. I'm getting married on June 14th to my girlfriend of six years. And, as you have probably guessed, I'm an avid reader. Wendy is THE BEST! I picked up ALL THE WAY HOME a few summers ago and have been hooked ever since. (Who says you shouldn't judge a book by its cover?) I work as a Case Manager for a non-profit organization for adults with developmental disabilities, which can be a very rewarding experience-even if the pay stinks! In my free time, I read and blog. (I posted my 600th entry recently, and Wendy was kind enough to be a guest!) Oh, yeah-I'm also plotting that book of mine in my head!
i am a sahm mom to 2 young kids who keep me on my toes! i love to read, but don't seem to have any time these days. =) my husband is in the coast guard and we currently live in connecticut. i started going to school to be a sign language interpreter last year, but then we had to move and i got pregnant. someday when my kids are older, i will finish school. working with the deaf community is something i feel passionate about. things i like to do are: reading wendy's book of course! and mary higgins clark, making hand stamped cards, tap dancing, going to bingo, watching baseball, swimming, road trips, shop for my kids and trying to find some 'me' time, which seems to be the hardest. =)
I am a 25 year old single mom of two boys. My oldest with be 5 in July and my youngest turns 1 in May. I work for a Specialty Pharmacy that deals with a rare genetic lung disease called Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, which essentially is the genetic form of emphysema. We are the sole distributing providers in the US, and I LOVE my job. For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed reading good mysteries. It started with Mary Higgins Clark, and has gone from there. I ran across "All The Way Home" at a local grocery store and was instantly attracted to the cover. I picked it up, read it, and have been hooked ever since...
I will basically read anything that isn't nailed down (and some things that are because, let's face it- street signs count), but especially love any contemporary fiction. Romance and suspense are my favorites. I'm a full time stay at home mom, a part time yoga and fitness instructor and a wanna-be novelist. I've completed one novel so far with another in the editing process. Would love to hear ANYthing you'd like to share with regard to personal experience with this. I'm a big fan of the phrase "knowledge is power" :)

I've been married for almost 12 years and have 3 girls, ages 7, 4 and 2 (why, yes, I *do* know how to get ketchup off of pretty much everything). I live in the northern Virginia area, where we've cultivated our own special brand of rush hour traffic nightmare. If you live here, or ever have, you know of what I speak!

My interests include (but are definitely not limited to): reading like my life depended on it, writing in the same fashion, vinyasa yoga, Tae Kwon Do, downloading wildly different types of music and listening to whatever strikes me, shopping like it's a religion, watching football, people-watching in a non-creepy way and spending time with my family.

A few of my goals for the rest of this year are to find a literary agent to represent my work, to read at least one book per week from now until Christmas (suggestions- besides Wendy's work, obviously? Share!), to attend a writer's conference to strengthen my skills and to finally clean out my basement. Hey, a girl can dream...
I live in Edmond, Oklahoma, love my family, friends and dog, Buddy. I'm Assistant News Research Editor at The Oklahoman and have recently been getting to do podcasts and blogs on TV movies/series, working with the TV Editor.

I love TV, movies, music, football (major University of Oklahoma and Tom Brady fan!) and reading - suspense novels are my favorite books and, Wendy, of course, is one of my favorite authors!
Well, I am currently 19 years old and living at home while I attend a small community college in my hometown of Sheboygan, WI. I'm going part-time and either this coming Fall or the next transfer to a four-year college and pursue a degree in Creative Writing! I recently decided to change from Graphic Design to Creative Writing because writing is such a big part of my life. I've been writing since middle school.

As for my hobbies, obviously like I said, I enjoy writing! Especially short stories, novels and poems. Fiction is what I write. My other hobbies include listening to country music from the 90's, and rock music from the 70's, 80's and 90's. I also love learning new words and have an electronic dictionary. One of my most valuable posessions! I also like riding my bike, drawing and visiting a site called oldhouses.com. I love old houses! Especially those from the 17th to 19th centuries. My favorite style is Victorian Second Empire.

For my family I have my parents and a brother who's two years younger than me. Although if you saw us side by side you'd swear he's the older one!

I am a huge fan of mystery books! I can't remember where that started but I am so glad I stumbled upon Wendy Corsi Staub's novels. They've inspired me immensely in my own writing. I also enjoy reading young adult fiction novels.
I collect postcards from all over. Wendy is one person who helps me out by adding to my coolection quite often. I love to read, especially her books.:) I also collect angels, stuff fro Easter, Christmas & Halloween. I work @ the same h.s. Weny & I graduated from. But I won't say how many years ago. I'm sure she's thankful for that. lol We've been friends for along time. She's one of my most special friends.:) And I'm glad to have her as a friend. I like to watch t.v. & movies. I especially love Elvis & Patrick Swayze. And I can never wait for her next book to come out. I'm one of her biggest fans, outside of her family. Wendy is a wonderful friend to have. And i'm blessed to have her as one of my friends.:) And I'm blessed to know her husband & two sons as well.:)

RSS

Recent Interviews- Check them out!

EXCERPT

GOODREADS Giveaway

Goodreads Book Giveaway

The Perfect Stranger by Wendy Corsi Staub

The Perfect Stranger

by Wendy Corsi Staub

Giveaway ends January 02, 2015.

See the giveaway details at Goodreads.

Enter to win

Latest Activity

A blog post by Wendy Corsi Staub was featured

My Favorites......

I'm right in between my anniversary and birthday today and thought I'd let you guys in on a little…See More
Oct 28
Wendy Corsi Staub posted a blog post

My Favorites......

I'm right in between my anniversary and birthday today and thought I'd let you guys in on a little…See More
Oct 28
Wendy Corsi Staub liked Wendy Corsi Staub's blog post Hook Up With Me at LInkedIn....
Oct 26

My Current Trilogy

As you all know my current trilogy exploring the dangers of Social Media kicked off with a story of…See More
Oct 26
Wendy Corsi Staub shared their blog post on Facebook
Oct 26
Wendy Corsi Staub liked Wendy Corsi Staub's blog post My Current Trilogy
Oct 26
Wendy Corsi Staub posted a blog post

My Current Trilogy

As you all know my current trilogy exploring the dangers of Social Media kicked off with a story of…See More
Oct 26
Oct 25

© 2014   Created by ACQUAINT interactive.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service